John J. Haney
- University of Iowa College of Law. Iowa City, Iowa. Juris Doctorate conferred May 10, 1996. Member, Iowa Law Review. Co-Authored 1996 Contemporary Studies Project.
Grinnell College. Grinnell, Iowa: January 1991-December 1992. Cummulative G.P.A. 3.62. Bachelor of Political Science with Honors May 1993.
HONORS: William Worth Dodge Memorial Merit Scholarship; J.W. Rosenfield Scholarship; Elected to Mortar Board National Honor Society; Honors Graduate, Dean's List; Phi Beta Kappa Scholars Award.
Marshalltown Community College. Marshalltown, Iowa: 1989-1991. Cummulative G.P.A. 3.79.
HONORS: Associate of Arts with Honors; Phi Theta Kappa; John Norris Memorial Scholarship; Martha Ellen Tye Scholarship; Various Merit Scholarships; Dean's List, Honors Graduate.
- Marshalltown Senior High School. Marshalltown, Iowa. Graduate 1979.
- DECA State Treasurer; Chapter Vice-President.
- 2007-Present: Magistrate Judge-Marshall County
- 1996-Present: Attorney and Shareholder-Hinshaw, Danielson, Kloberdanz & Haney, P.C., Marshalltown, Iowa.
- 1993-1996: Law Clerk-Pattie, Hinshaw, Danielson & Kloberdanz, P.C., Marshalltown, Iowa.
- 1989-1993: State of Iowa--Toledo Juvenile Home; Toledo,Iowa. Youth Service Worker, Security Department.
- 1983-1988: State of Iowa--Toledo Juvenile Home. Toledo Iowa. Youth Service Worker, Arnold Treatment Program.
- 1979-1983: Chicago Northwestern Railroad. Trackman; Brakeman/Switchman.
- Iowa, 1996.
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Iowa, 1996.
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Iowa, 1996.
- Meskwaki Tribal Court, October 2007
- Marshall County Bar Association
- Iowa State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Marshall County Drug Court Advisory Committee
- Chairman and Board Member Mid-Iowa Workshops Board of Directors
- Member Knights of Columbus Council 966 Board of Directors
- Board Member and Past President Elmwood Country Club
- Board Member Marshall County Senior Citizens Center.
Co-Author-Iowa Law Review Contemporary Studies Project, July 1996, Volume 81/No.5
Making Reasonable Efforts in Iowa Foster Care Cases: An Empirical Analysis.
December 14, 1960, Pittsburgh, PA
John J. Haney